Saturday, January 15, 2011

Menopause Stinks

Yes, I'm at that glorious time of my life when I feel like crap most of the time and I think  my body is going to fall apart at any minute. "The Change", menopause ( or in my case technically I think they call it peri-menopause), el stinko. My boobs hurt, my lower back hurts and I have no idea at what time of the month I will get my period. And let's not go there. Nasty and painful. I have a host of other symptoms. I try, really I do, not to complain. I just get tired of not feeling good. Add to that I am on meds for hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and bi-polar disorder and you have such a wonderful mix. Thank goodness for my anti-anxiety pills lol Another lovely symptom that just recently popped up was painful, burning, dry sex. Great. Out comes the K-Y. Vaginal atrophy they call it. Lovely. I even burn down in the nether regions after I take a bath. Seems I just can't win. I do hope I get a few days where I feel like me, with no pain or anything "popping" up to bite me. Sorry for the rant, but I just had to vent a bit. My hubby isn't exactly the one to talk to about this. Oh he's understanding about it, but doesn't "get it". So I will end this on a positive note with a photo of my 8 month old granddaughter Layla. I am so blessed to have her in my life.
 Until next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment